Mondays are supposed to be meatless around here but I couldn’t resist adding a little bacon to this recipe. There were no leftovers.
- 2 quarts of mashed potatoes
- 3 eggs
- handful of fresh parsley
- 4 slices of bacon
- small onion
- Slice the bacon into little strips (lardons) and fry until crisp
- Dice the onion and fry with the bacon
- Dump the potatoes into a bowl and add the bacon and onion
- Chop the parsley and add to potatoes
- Add salt to taste (the bacon doesn't add as much as you would think)
- Separate the eggs and add the yolks to the potatoes
- Mix well
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form
- Fold into the potato mixture
- Carefully spread into a greased 9x13 glass pan and bake at 400 until browned
Since the peas have finally started producing we had new peas (mostly snow peas) as a side dish.
- As many new peas as you think will be eaten in one meal
- Bacon grease
- Canola or other unflavored oil
- Pick over the peas removing strings and blossoms
- Heat an iron skillet with bacon grease or a little oil (basically enough to cover the bottom of the pan)
- Pour in the peas
- Stir over high heat until tender and lightly browned in places
- Sprinkle with salt and enjoy!
This was all that was left! S and I only had one serving each!